Old November 15th 04, 06:30 AM
M.S.

The AD70U is a pretty common adapter for Uniden, and is the one used by the
SC-150. I assumed he had the adapter already, so I didn't supply the info.
FYI, it is a 12 volt, 200ma supply, 9 volt is a little low, if you operate
the scanner at the same time you are attempting to charge the battery.

"Beloved Leader" wrote in message
om...
(j) wrote in message

. com...

Ok I broke out my old uniden sportcat 150 , because I finally bought a
new battery for it.

I have three (I think) SC180B scanners. (The "B" means that the case
is black.) Because I bought them on closeout at Best Buy, various
parts were not included - sometimes there would be no antenna,
sometimes no owner's manual, and sometimes no wall wart.

It may be the case that the SC180 and SC150 use the same wall wart.
The Bearcat owner's manual, which I have downloaded in .pdf format,
says that the correct AC adapter/charger for the SC180 is the AD-70U.
The wall wart I am using is made for an AT&T device, probably an
answering machine. The model number is 350902002COA, and the part
number is MA14L-2001-0012#A. It can supply 200 mA at 9VDC, with the
tip having positive polarity. I am using a homemade battery pack, as
one of the cells in the original battery pack was defective. I think
each NiCd AA cell in my homemade pack is rated at 600 mAh.

That combination works for me.