Old May 25th 04, 11:45 PM
Steve Nosko

And I didn't read any of the stuff any of you quote from. Just using a
solid understanding of fundamentals and applying them correctly.

We'll see whom else (dis)agrees...

Thanks for the stimulating subject. Gets the remainder of the gray matter
really warm...
73, Steve

--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.

No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Steve Nosko wrote:
One wave from the transmitter (call it wave "A") hits the matching

device.
Some makes it through toward the load and some is reflected back toward

the
Tx due to the matching device's weird impedance...HOWEVER, the wave

coming
from the load has some component which makes it through the matching

section
to the input (call this wave "B"). It is wave "A" abd wave B"B which

must
be equal in amplitude and 180 degrees out - therefore cencelling for a

net
wave back toward the Tx of null, naught, zip..all is happy in the world

of
ham radio

Yep, you got it! J. C. Slater stated such in _Microwave_Transmissions_
before most present day hams were born. I'm glad you understand.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp