Old November 20th 04, 08:16 AM

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 02:08:35 -0500, "Morgans"
wrote:

wrote

Not if you're used to reading correspondence files where the
latest communication is at the top odf the stack.

I am not.

If you're keeping up
with the conversation,

Has nothing to do with it. It has to do with puting the remark with the
relavent material.

you shouldn't have to scroll to the bottom to
see the idiot one-liners tacked onto the untrimmed former posting.

By all means, for one liners, top post, but can you see my response as a top
post? It would look like this:

I guess I forgot to mention I also believe in interleaved
posting, where there are separate ressponses to different parts of a
longer posting. I also bottom post if the prior post is so short that
my comments are no more than a screen or so down. However, if there's
only a short response, I will not roll down a hundred lines to satisfy
the lunatics who insist that there is one and only one way to respond
and that way, goddamn all other opinions, is bottom posting.

In short, all three modes have their place.

I am not. Has nothing to do with it. It has to do with puting the remark
with the relavent material. By all means, for one liners, top post, but can
you see my response as a top post?

Not if you're used to reading correspondence files where the
latest communication is at the top odf the stack. If you're keeping up
with the conversation, you shouldn't have to scroll to the bottom to
see the idiot one-liners tacked onto the untrimmed former posting.

If you haven't been keeping up, you should be the one
inconvenienced.

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:58:55 -0800, Joachim Feise
wrote:

ShawnD2112 wrote on 11/15/2004 22:47:

I've never
understood why top posting is seen as such an evil thing. What am I
missing?

A: No.

Or, in other words, top-posting reverses the normal flow of reading.

-Joe

---