Old November 20th 04, 08:18 AM

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:06:02 GMT, Bob Ward
wrote:

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 04:01:21 GMT, wrote:

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:14:49 GMT, Bob Ward
wrote:

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 06:47:01 GMT, "ShawnD2112"
wrote:

Bob,

That brings up a question you might be able to answer for me. I've never
understood why top posting is seen as such an evil thing. What am I
missing?

Cheers,
Shawn

The normal sequence of reading, processing, and understanding the
conversation.

The only place where the question is normally seen after the answer is
on Jeopardy - and you're no Alex Trebeck

I assume, then, that in a conversation, you fully repeat the
prior speaker's points before adding your own comment at the bottom.

I might summarize the conversation for someone who just joined in, but
you're being an asshole just because you can.

FOAD, jerkoff.

Perhaps you're not aware that email and usenet are two different forms
of communication, with different propigation rates. Not everyone has
just read the same missive that you are responding to.

Then they should be willing to suffer a little inconvenience
for the benefit of regular readers who have been paying attention.

It's easier to
killfile you than to expect you to follow the conventions adhered to
by others.

Your call. I never demand to be read. Others who agree with my
conventions will never see your bottom-posted drivel.