Old November 22nd 04, 01:08 AM
ameijers

"Omega" wrote in message
news:348od.65578$V41.36060@attbi_s52...

: That brings up a question you might be able to answer for me. I've

never
: understood why top posting is seen as such an evil thing. What am I
: missing?

It depends on the group. Here in USENET world, bottom posting is common.
However in military circles, top posting is normal and most readers would
not see your reply if you posted on the bottom (it is an expedience

thing).

Does DoD still have any internal newgroups or newsfeeds? My command gave up
their DoD newsfeed close to a decade ago, so I lost visibility of it. Most
of the DoD content I used to get from RN and VN or dialup BBS's (remember
those?) soon showed up on web pages. Speaking of 'remember whens' (in
answer to another posters question about Usenet propogation), does Fidonet
still exist?

aem sends.....
(just another old fart who started on Usenet with a text interface and a
green screen, on a hard-wired dumb vt-100 or dialing in to the UNIX server
on an 8086 with a lightning-fast 1200 baud modem.)