Old November 23rd 04, 02:55 AM
shaway

I've found the PCR-1000 to be a poor choice for AM and SW DXing. The lower
the band... the poorer it performs. It works rather well in the VHF and UHF
bands. If you want to hear anything at all on AM and SW, you'll need a good
outdoor antenna well away from the computer and receiver.

Also, using the PCR-1000 with older computer equipment (especially older
monitors) will result in lots of noise hash. Newer computers and monitors
are better shielded and affect the PCR-1000 less, but IMO it's still far
from "ideal".

To sum it up, I buy them when I can get them cheap to make a buck since they
have excellent resale value, but I'd never keep one for my personal
collection.

wrote in message

I'm thinking of purchasing an Icom PCR-1000 and I'd like to reach out
to anyine who has one or has used one. Reviewing the comments I find
on line, it's a 50-50 split; some love it while others hate it.