Old November 25th 04, 03:00 AM

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:44:23 -0000, Dylan Smith
wrote:

In article , Robert Morien wrote:
In article ,
Dylan Smith wrote:

snip
A large NG with many top posted threads can soon add up to megabytes of
untrimmed quotes that a modem user must download (and possibly pay for).

And the vast majority (like 99.9%) of bottom posters DO trim...?

Indeed they do. If you 'bottom post' (or more likely, quote selective
bits and comment right underneath the point you're replying to), by the
very nature of the activity there is an incentive to trim the quotations
down.

Incentive doesn't mean crap. I often top post, but still trim
the irrelevant stuff. Because I'm just a nice guy.

I also delete the ten sets of addrresses on jokes forwarded to
me and re-wrap the lines before sending them to anyone else.