Old November 25th 04, 09:16 PM
SamSez

It doesn't seem to help to explain how good the 1000 is. But I guarantee I
wouldn't part with the two that I have.

"Ken" wrote in message
wrote in message
on line, it's a 50-50 split; some love it while others hate it.

Love mine - use it everyday

would classify as a very heavily RF congested area.

I live in Sacramento & do really well, you just need the right antenna.

" Thinking of using it DX'ing the AM Broadcast band, anyone have

I do really well with AM DX'ing

" I do a lot of scanning in the VHF and UHF bands and I'm told

It's perfect for v/uhf listening. I scan a lot there too.

" On HF I'm seeing comments that it's plagued by lots of RFI
from your PC.

You just need the right antenna set-up / I had to tweak and play around a
little.
The ut106 dsp module helps A LOT! It helps to ground properly. The only
rfi
problems I had didn't come from my computer. They came from outside
electrical
stuff. Keep the antenna away from powerlines, buildings, ground properly, &
if you have a noise problem in a particular band, be sure to use resonate
antenna
for that band.

" I'd like to use it to receive the VHF weather sats - anyone

The PCR1000 lacks the sensitivty for serious sat. work,
you could do ok with the right antenna / preamp setup.