Old May 26th 04, 10:51 PM
JGBOYLES

I have a rock mite 20m qrp. I have
a buzz in the headphones only at certain times. I can move the headphone
wire around and it changes the tone and amplitude of the buzz.

Hi Greg, First of all I have never used a rock mite, but I will just give
some thoughts. If the receiver is a direct conversion type, they are bad about
picking up 60 hz hum. Does the buzz sound like 60 or 120 hz hum? The finger
touching the final increasing the hum should be a clue.
The antenna may or not be a problem. QRP swr and watt meters are not common,
you may have to look at building one.
Consider using a 20m coax fed dipole, only 33' feet long, and will work ok
20' high. This is balanced, to a degree, and will not require a tuner
Get an antenna analyzer (MFJ 259B ect.) and make sure the impedance at the
tuner input is 50 ohms, assuming that is what the rock mite wants to see.

73 Gary N4AST