Old December 20th 04, 02:47 PM
Ringo Langly

Default Choosing right scanner -- suggestions please

Hi all,

I'm shopping for a scanner for Christmas to give to my brother. He's
in the local volunteer fire department, and though he carries a smaller
hand-held scanner provided by the department I'd love to get him
something larger and something with more features.

I checked http://www.cityfreq.com/ and it shows my brother's VFD
frequency is 154.22 so I need something that'll hit that plus hopefully
the other area departments plus city, county, and state police
departments if possible. I know next to nothing about scanners, so I'm
not even sure if this is possible now'days. I'm looking at the Radio
Shack PRO-2018 scanner, and according to the specs it will do my
brothers' VFD's frequency. Any pros or cons to this one or any
suggestions on another model? Here's a link via tinyurl -
http://tinyurl.com/3kste

Thanks for comments or suggestions.

Ringo