Old December 21st 04, 02:51 PM
Ringo Langly

Dan Conti wrote:
Well, guess he made his decision without our input....

A 2018???

Hi Dan,

I still want the input of this group because I can take this unit back.
It's just getting close to Christmas so I wanted to get something now,
even if it's returned after Christmas.

Do you have feedback on this model or another that's around $80 with
more features? I opened it last night to program it for my brother,
and it worked quite well! I put in many of the local frequencies from
cityfreq.com, and setup the weather alert. Thus far it's working
great! I left it on last night scanning the local VFD frequencies for
a while then the HAM frequencies, and it picked-up quite a bit of
chatter. I even brought it to work today, and it picks-up all our
handheld radios perfectly.

Like I said, if I find something else which can be bought locally with
more features and at the same price I'll definately return this, but
thus far it looks like it'll work great. I am no expert however, so
please enighten me if I'm wrong or missing something. The only feature
this doesn't have that I'd like to get is 800Mhz, but I've yet to find
one of these for less then $150 -- which is way out of my pricerange.
Have an awesome holiday season, and take care,

Ringo