Old December 21st 04, 06:10 PM
Michael J.

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:53:23 GMT, Bob Parnass wrote:

I reviewed the DJ-X2000T (USA version) in June 2001 Monitoring Times.

I had fun with the limited range Flash Tune feature, but found
some drawbacks in the scanner I tested:

First, I very much appreciate your feedback on this.
How did the flash tune feature work for you? What is its limited range, and how
sensitive did it seem to be?

An annoying audio hiss was present even on the strongest of signals.

I understand that the "early" model X2000s had this hissing problem. I'm not sure,
but I think I may have read somewhere that this hissing problem had been corrected to
a degree on newer models. Have you heard any such tell?

The 110 millisecond squelch tail noise at the end of each transmission
was too long and grew tough to listen to.

I remember reading that as well. Primarily I am going to use this scanner for
listening on known, more continuous frequencies ... as opposed to doing a lot of
scanning for active frequencies. So in this instance, I could find it somewhat
acceptable to deal with a slow scan rate and longer squelch tails.

Probably my main concern would be whether or not the hissing problem has been
corrected, and just how well the flash tune feature works.

MJ