Old December 21st 04, 10:03 PM
Bob Parnass

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:10:45 -0500, Michael J. wrote:

First, I very much appreciate your feedback on this.
How did the flash tune feature work for you? What is its limited range, and how
sensitive did it seem to be?

From my DJ-X2000T review in MT:

"...The "Flash Tune" feature is amazing.
Set the mode (e.g., AM, NFM, WFM), initiate the Flash Tune,
and the DJ-X2000T sits quietly until it detects a
strong signal (approx. -30 dBm, approx. 7100 uV)
within the 50 - 1300 MHz range.
At that point, the display changes shows the approximate
signal frequency and lets you hear the action.
You must set the mode (e.g., AM, NFM) ahead of time.
We used it to find and monitor 470 MHz transmissions
from someone using a walkie-talkie 25 feet away,
though it didn't detect a low power 170 MHz
wireless microphone at 5 feet."

"Our DJ-X2000T's Flash Tune also finds portable
cellular phone transmissions, but it displays 823 MHz
because the USA version is cellular disabled...."

I understand that the "early" model X2000s had this hissing problem. I'm not sure,
but I think I may have read somewhere that this hissing problem had been corrected to
a degree on newer models. Have you heard any such tell?

I read that, but I don't know if it is true. Sorry.

Bob Parnass, AJ9S GNU/Linux User http://parnass.com