Old December 25th 04, 01:26 AM
BILLY

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 09:34:32 -0800, "R. Smith"
wrote:

Hi,
Anyone have any input on this radio?
Know of a good sight that has a review
I am thinking of getting one and would appreciate your thoughts.
The cable is supplied for loading info is the software free to?
Who has the best price?
Thanks

I have had scanners continuously for more than 20 years and I
understand most of them and I worked in the industry of 2x radios for
PDs and FDs and business. I think I retired too soon. Seems that the
way uniden has explained their 246 to me just leaves me hanging, they
are assuming that the purchaser of one of those things alread knows
about scat and lcn, ltr, etc.......arrrrgh, i haven't been able to
figure out how to program the damn thing. I get the conventional
channels ok, but damn, I havent figgered out the TT yet. I am missing
something ... they just don't explain it very well...

they won't hold your hand so to speak. otherwise it puts any of my
other scanners I have ever had to shame.... and I am (supposedly) an
extra class ham and 1st class lic holder - I guess that dates me...

I can figger how to clone and load but, I sure do wish I could tell
somebody where I live and have them send me a clone file to load for
my area. seems I can hear stations fairly well from new orleans over
to pascagoula (about 50 mile radius)

Billy, N5WE
Mississippi