Old January 18th 05, 04:43 AM
T-bone

"smokin" wrote in
nk.net:

"T-bone" wrote in message
9.130...
wrote in news:1105980741.679905.177450
@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Can you receive cellular phone calls on a modified scanner? I thought
with all phone being digital now you could not?

There is very little activity in the old cell bands - What with analog
roaming and such, there is still a little.
So yes, people advertsing their scanners as UNBLOCKED !!!!! are really
saying
very little in practice - The only good reason to pay a premium to get
one would be to bank on the possibility that some other service of
interest will
eventually move into this frequency region.

WHAT the hell are you smoking dude?
Do you even HAVE a scanner? or did mommy leave the computer turned on
tonight?
Digital sucks, just like FM never replaced AM radio, cause of the fast
dropoff of signal over distance.

Yeah .. Still jamming down to Iron Butterfly on 8 tracks too ?

There are more analog phones than ever in many towns, especially now
that rates are low, lots more traffic. Go to a town of about 100,000
people that are spread out in the middle of Arizona or Texas or Utah.
You will find a lot more people talking on cell phone frequencies than
talking on the other public bands!

I honestly gave up on eavedropping on cell calls years ago when I entered
manhood.
The few times I give the band a whirl these days theres next to little or no
action - Maybe its different out in the sticks I dont' know _ I don't live
out in the sticks, I live in a major urban area where most people can afford
a decent phone and a decent plan.
If your such a cell band authority, then try answering the question you step
child dim rod.