Old July 1st 03, 06:03 AM
John Harrington

"Paul Jensen" wrote in message ...
"John Harrington" wrote in message
What bull****. The government doesn't "take" hard earned money, or
easily earned money, from anyone.

This is the moat clueless statement in this thread yet.

Don't look now, but yours is the beam clueless statement.

If this clumsily loaded question boils down to: do I believe tax
monies should be devoted, in part, to preserving and encouraging high
culture. The answer is: you bet I do.

Some brain dead person claimed earlier in this thread that we just had to
have taxpayer-supported government radio, or else how would people "learn"
about classical music? You know what? The other day I went out and
*purchased* a 10-CD classical collection, and now I am learning about
classical music. And I am doing it without government subsidy and no burdon
on taxpayers.

Um, probably not, in fact. If that CD collection has orchestral music
on it, the probability is high you're listening to music funded in
whole or part by some "evul gubmint" somewhere in the world. In fact,
chances are good that if that 10 CD collection was bought at budget
prices, you're listening to orchestras that were founded by communist
governments (e.g., former eastern bloc nations).

John