Old July 2nd 03, 01:41 AM
Hazel Nutt

On 1 Jul 2003 19:02:55 GMT, donut wrote:

SNIP SNIP SNIP
Xnews or Free Agent are both free newsreaders that outperform OE and are
not susceptible to viruses.

Do some research and learn something about computer security. Stop trusting
Uncle Billy.

The type of newsreader you use has nothing what-so-ever to do with
virus susceptability. The virus is activated when you open a message
attachment containing one. Do some research, take your own advice.

What you need is a good AV program that will scan your mail/usenet
messages. I use McAfee and am happy with it.

I've used Agent (Free and paid) for years, and find it an excellent
program. The paid version has tremendous filtering capabilities.

Ciao!