Old August 14th 03, 12:26 AM
Sylvan Butler

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:04:36 -0700, Roy Lewallen wrote:
Hm, I've used WD-40 on everything from 115 VAC power switches to VHF
slug-tuned inductors, potentiometers, and relay contacts. Whatever
conductivity it might have, hasn't been a problem for me. I wouldn't use
it on 100 meg level impedances, but more from worry that it would pick
up dirt and grunge.

What sort of experiment can you suggest that will demonstrate and
perhaps allow measurement of its conductivity?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
WD-40 is somewhat conductive. So be careful of it around insulated parts.

And I've used WD-40 in and around ignition components on several
engines and fired things up a LOT better than with the water that
was previously there.

I suspect WD-40 conducts no better than white kerosene.

sdb

--
| Sylvan Butler | Not speaking for Hewlett-Packard | sbutler-boi.hp.com |
| Watch out for my e-mail address. Thank UCE. change ^ to @ |