Old July 4th 03, 02:53 AM
N8KDV

Diverd4777 wrote:

Steve, thanks !!
I find africa hard to copy in Daylight hours...

- has anyone picked this one up ??

Dan

I've heard and QSL'd it in the past, though it seems like I had heard them here
later than 1800. I'll have to check it out in the next few days.

In article , N8KDV
writes:

Here's an interesting item, lifted from DX Listening Digest 3-114:

** ZANZIBAR. Zanzibar on 11734.1 and 585 now has an English news
bulletin at 1800. It may well have been going for some time, as I very
rarely check Zanzibar at that hour. But I've not seen it reported
anywhere else and I've never known Zanzibar to broadcast in English
before. Regards, (Chris Greenway, Kenya, June 27, DX LISTENING DIGEST)
Wonder if news be direct from Z or originates in DES? (gh)

Steve
Holland, MI

Drake R7, R8 and R8B