Old July 4th 03, 07:14 AM
rjohnson

Still selling the Icom 9000's in Oz.

But at $21k AU it would want to be one heck of a rig!

http://www.atrc.com.au/icr9000l.htm

As for the AR5000 i find mine to be an excellent 'All rounder' VLF is great
and i can copy many Submarine data signals from 11khz and up ,as for HF it
out does my R-75 (With DSP) on most signals (Notice i said most!), and i
must say that if my NRD 545 didn't have DSP or all the extra 'gadgets'
(Adjustable Filters ,AGC etc etc), to clean up signals i would put the
5000's HF ability fairly close to it!

On VHF and UHF the 5000 is simply amazing ,i have yet to find anything
better in this range.

Bottom line is if you want a radio that does 'all' you would be hard pressed
to find a better radio than the AR5000 ,sure a 'Decent' dedicated HF rig
will out preform the 5000 but if you just want to hear whats going on and
not out after ther most weakest ,cleanest signal on HF and combined with DC
to Daylight features then the 5000 is a beauty and does it all really well.

Rick.

"Blem" wrote in message
On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 08:03:35 +0000, Rick Kunath wrote:

Take a look at the AR5000 Plus3 by AOR.

http://www.aoruk.com/ar5000.htm

Rick

Not that good on HF. Also has selectivity problems. General good receiver
but having one radio for HF and another for VHF/UHF would be better

---