Old July 4th 03, 07:41 PM
N8KDV

N8KDV wrote:

Diverd4777 wrote:

Steve, thanks !!
I find africa hard to copy in Daylight hours...

- has anyone picked this one up ??

Dan

Monitoring observations so far today (4 July) on 11734.1:

1530, nothing on the frequency.
1630, observing a weak het
1700, still a weak het

I'm not to optomistic that I'll be able to hear English at 1800. As I mentioned
before, I don't think they typically fade in here until later in the day. I believe
they close on the frequency at 2200.

1800, het on frequency
1835, useable audio now! In presumed Swahili...

So, I imagine, if propagation is good, the 1800 English might just be audible.

Steve
Holland, MI

In article , N8KDV
writes:

Here's an interesting item, lifted from DX Listening Digest 3-114:

** ZANZIBAR. Zanzibar on 11734.1 and 585 now has an English news
bulletin at 1800. It may well have been going for some time, as I very
rarely check Zanzibar at that hour. But I've not seen it reported
anywhere else and I've never known Zanzibar to broadcast in English
before. Regards, (Chris Greenway, Kenya, June 27, DX LISTENING DIGEST)
Wonder if news be direct from Z or originates in DES? (gh)

Steve
Holland, MI

Drake R7, R8 and R8B