Old July 6th 03, 05:38 PM
The Dawn Soliloquy

Default HEY -=JD=- WHY DONT YOU COME OUT OF THE CLOSET?

In article , (p_j) wrote:

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or
of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to
petition the government for a redress of grievances.

"Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of a religion" This
is the establishment clause. Congress "shall not establish a religion" is
another way to word it. A courthouse is not Congress, unless congress passed a
law mandating that all courthouses bear the 10 Commandments, the law doesn't
apply.

Not that the courts haven't exceeded their boundaries, they have, and
unconstitutional laws are increasingly being foisted onto the people of this
Republic. Law and constitutionality are no longer synonymous. Laws that grant
favoritism to a group based on its (the group's) sexual preferences or
ancestry are patently ludicrous, especially when the same document (the
constitution) is used to uphold the aforementioned groups rights to
participate in activities involving other non-protected groups. i.e. all
people are equal, unless you are black, gay, or (fill in your minority
preference), in which case you are more equal than others.

Let me know when you stop breast feeding (confer my original post in this
thread) and maybe we can discourse in an erudite manner.

Regards.

this sad argument. There is nothing there about a national religion.

Never say never.
Nothing is absolute.