Old July 7th 03, 02:58 AM
Clave

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

(Ed Conrad) wrote in message ...

For one thing, man -- in almost our present form -- existed while
coal was being formed, and our ancestors lived alongside
giant scorpions, dinosaurs and beasts with six-inch-high canine
teeth.

Actually, dinosaurs had become extinct millions of years before the most
primitive of anthropoids ever showed up on the scene. Note in the link
below, the K-T boundary, when the dinosaurs became extinct, was 65,000,000
years ago. Hominids (pre-anthropoids) occured at a point between 12 and 20
million years ago. Modern man (Homo Sapiens Sapiens) came on the scene only
about 50,000 years ago.

Brenda Ann, meet Ed Conrad. And good bloody luck to ya.

Jim