Old July 7th 03, 03:16 AM
DPeterMaus

Brian Denley wrote:
Anyone using an antenna multicoupler (powered or unpowered)? The powered
versions allow multiple receivers to be simultaneously connected to a single
antenna without loss. Looking for experiences, recommendations, etc.

I've been using actives by both I.C.E. and Stridsburg for a
nunber of years. Both are quiet, with good isolation, and make for
very convenient use of multiple receivers. I can got with 8
receivers at a time with a single antenna, if need be, with no
noticeable interaction.

I took a hit from a nearby lightning strike a few years ago, and
it took out the I.C.E. multicoupler. I.C.E. service was quick,
clean, with zero headaches. Stridsburg, from experience of a
colleague is the same.

Stridsburg pieces are built to mil spec, and are easily
available. I.C.E. is less easy to find.

I've noticed no practical difference between the two.