Old July 7th 03, 05:45 AM
Steve Ratzlaff

I had a bad experience with a Stridsberg active coupler, for 2 outputs.
I bought it mainly for use below HF. It didn't work--had excessive loss
below about 3MHz. I took it to work and swept it, and sure enough it
steadily had more and more loss, starting about 3MHz; at 500kHz it had
about -20dB loss compared to 3MHz. Its specs claimed "good to 100kHz",
but that wasn't true. Stridsberg refused to correct it--after sending my
unit back twice for "repair", and having it returned with no change from
original, I returned it and got my money back.
If your interests are 3MHz and above, the Stridsberg active coupler will
work fine, but not below that, if you want.
(My unit consisted of an input lowpass filter, a MMIC amplifier feeding
a MiniCircuits splitter to the two outputs--if you're interested in
technical details.)
Steve

Brian Denley wrote:

Anyone using an antenna multicoupler (powered or unpowered)? The powered
versions allow multiple receivers to be simultaneously connected to a single
antenna without loss. Looking for experiences, recommendations, etc.

--
Brian Denley