Old July 7th 03, 06:28 AM
Maximo Lachman

Moderation no longer means no instantaneity thanks to Robomod:
http://www.gweep.ca/~robomod/soc.politics/
As successfuly tested on soc.politics: it posts most messages
w/in seconds. See for yourself. Human intervention is limited
usually to posts in the grey-area.

saki ) writes:
Dan's point about immediacy is well taken. This group tends to benefit
especially from round-the-clock updates. I co-moderate a rec.musc*
newsgroup; we have a committee of four people to do it and we still get
complaints from folks when there's any kind of a delay (which usually
results when we're asleep!).

Still the process for establishing a moderated newsgroup in the rec*
newsgroup hierarchy isn't an easy one and the task of moderating is not
something that one looks forward to doing.

If it's really an option that folks want to pursue, I'd recommend
creating a moderated shortwave group, one to co-exist with the
unmoderated version. That way both persuasions can have what they want.

It also makes sense to encourage those who are more or less lurkers (like
me) or former r.r.s. folks to post more SWL material. I've learned a lot
by reading what you folks have to say, and the resources here are quite
helpful. I wish some of the folks who were here as recently as six months
ago would come out of the woodwork too, but I certainly understand why
they might not.

It might be better to revive the rec.swl group, perhaps as
rec.radio.shortwave.swl and change the current group to
rec.radio.shortwave.tech also moderated.