Old July 7th 03, 05:36 PM
N8KDV

Yes, but 11735 is not 11734.1.... and Zanzibar is not in English then, but
Swahili...

Diverd4777 wrote:

At 16:05 on ( about) 11.735 heard ( through the static) someone say " Good
Afternoon"

- can just make out human speech fragments

Dan ( In a very noisy location)

In article , N8KDV
writes:

Here's an interesting item, lifted from DX Listening Digest 3-114:

** ZANZIBAR. Zanzibar on 11734.1 and 585 now has an English news
bulletin at 1800. It may well have been going for some time, as I very
rarely check Zanzibar at that hour. But I've not seen it reported
anywhere else and I've never known Zanzibar to broadcast in English
before. Regards, (Chris Greenway, Kenya, June 27, DX LISTENING DIGEST)
Wonder if news be direct from Z or originates in DES? (gh)

Steve
Holland, MI

Drake R7, R8 and R8B