Old July 8th 03, 09:06 AM
The Dawn Soliloquy

Definately worth $20. I took mine to work the other day (3-11 shift), I work
in a steel mill, and our shop is a building within a building. I was able to
get quite a bit reception wise with it, mostly towards night, especially for
such an inexpensive radio. The Dial is off quite a bit, I listen to 5.825,
technically this shouldn't be on this radio, but since the dial is off, I am
able to receive it, somewhere in the 6MHz range. The radio drifts a lot, and
produces squeals when 2 significant stations are very close on the dial, but
for the most part the squeal can be eliminated by very carefully tweaking the
tuning.

http://www.carolwright.com/index.cfm...4615&category=

Regards.

In article ,
(Soames123) wrote:
All:

getting a new SWR; Bell & Howell 9 Band Shortwave Radio
- as a gift; $20, I mean, why not !

- Anyone have one ?
Anyone hook it up to a REAL long antenna & see what obtains??

Anyone find any neat stuff to do with it once you take it apart ??

Thanks

Harvey

Never say never.
Nothing is absolute.