Old July 8th 03, 06:52 PM
Beloved Leader

(Soames123) wrote in message ...

Bell & Howell 9 Band Shortwave Radio

Details, etc.
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...3D100%26sa%3DN

If that wraps or is otherwise too long, go back to the subject
"Subject: Bell and Howell 9-Band Shortwave Radio" beginning on
2002-11-29.

I was clearing out the newspapers when I came across an ad for this
radio in last week's _USA Weekend_ magazine. _USA Weekend_, for those
of you who have not seen it, is, like _Parade_, inserted with various
newspapers' weekend editions.

For shortwave coverage, this radio has the 49 m, 41 m, 31 m, 25 m, 21
m, 19 m, and 16 m bands. Further, it appears from the photo in the ad
that those bands overlap, so there might be nearly complete coverage
of frequencies from 5.5 MHz to 19 MHz. It also has MW (US AM) of
530-1600 kHz and an FM band that covers 54 MHz to 108 MHz.

The radio's dimensions are 5" by 3" by 1", it weighs 8 oz. , and power
is provided by two AA cells. The price is "only" $19.95. Shipping and
handling are another $3.95. If you order over the phone
(1-800-889-4926), they'll throw in another radio for the cost of its
shipping and handling. That's two radios for $28.

Wait - don't order yet.

Unable to remember the seller's URL, I Googled, and it found it even
cheaper.

The company advertising in _USA Weekend_ is PublishersChoice, which
has the URL http://publisherschoice.com/product....roduct_id=RP58
.. Carol Wright, however, sells the radio for $9.99. The URL for Carol
Wright is http://www.carolwrightgifts.com/index.cfm?page=home , and
the radios' SKU is 94654. There are no doubt a few other sources for
it.

From what I read at RRS, the Coby at Big Lots is a better deal. I
don't own either the B+H or the Coby.

Best wishes.