Old July 8th 03, 11:32 PM
R274C

Subject: Balun
From: "Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL"
Date: 7/8/2003 12:49 PM Central Daylight Time
Cut your antenna to the frequency or band of choice. Listen with the
balun in, then listen without it. I'll bet you won't be able to tell a
difference. In fact, there will even be a little loss in the balun.
The point I'm trying to make is, Cut your antenna to the frequency you
want for best performance and you won't need to waste money and time
building baluns.

KB7ADL

Dave wrote in news6olgv09n55icmuvb2b4f5hi20fbis7e88@
4ax.com:

Balderdash. A transformer that correctly drives the co-ax is a great
advantage.

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 11:20:47 -0600, JJ
wrote:

Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL wrote:

There is no real advantage
for a balun on an antenna just for receiving.

Laughing..............it's obvious that you didn't read the name of the
newsgroup.
"Shortwave".........now, who in their right mind would cut 100's of pieces of
wire to the "exact frequency"

I guess that's why you guys are called "amateurs"

Les

"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity"

Harlan Ellison