Old July 9th 03, 12:27 PM

re COBY radio;

I found a place on the net that sells COBY radios.
I spent another $20 ( w/shipping, handling, tax, etc )

The radio looks impressive, but
sad to say, it suffers from "the whistles"......
( perhaps poor alignment ?? )

It sits in the junque drawer.

On 8 Jul 2003 15:01:44 GMT, (Maximo Lachman)
wrote:

But not $20 when you can get Grundig analogs for that on eBay.
And some of them will have a windup generator.

However, for $10 like the Coby 12-band it's a great buy, esp.
for listening to the extended audio (10-15kHz) on AM stereo
stations (played back in mono of course).

"" ) writes:
I have a B&H , and, it's a helluva lot of radio for the price !
It may not be a SONY, but it is an inexpensive introduction
to short wave.....

I'm amazed at the reception on mine.
and BCB is excellent too.

It's become my "beach&camping" radio......
and, if it gets lost, or stolen, no big loss.
( it has been dropped numerous times, and still keeps on tickin' )

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 00:39:40 -0400, "Ernesto Beans"
wrote:

It's another cheapo Chinese made piece of crap.
Spend the money on a vintage SW portable on
e-Bay. You'll be much better satisfied.

rj