Old July 9th 03, 09:28 PM

Default DX 396 serious trouble?

The batteries went dead on my 396, and since I changed them, the thing
acts haunted. I've tried 3 different sets of c cells, no difference.
The radio keeps shutting itself off, and then flashing the 12:00. It
will not keep stored pre-sets or remember the time. When I replace the
batteries, sometimes I get the LOCK on the top right of the screen.
But only sometimes.

I've tried and tried to reset the alarm or the sleep setting, but no
avail. I've left the thing w/o batteries in it for days, no change.
I'ved moved the lock switch every which way in every possible
combination. Any ideas, anyone?