Old July 10th 03, 03:53 AM
Donald Reeve

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 21:36:04 -0400, "John F Porter"
wrote:

Anyone out there using the ILG radio database

and if so how long did it take you to get the password

I've been using ILG for a few years now and it's been quite an asset
as I can load it into a DB program and tune my Ten-Tec RX-320 by just
clicking on entries. When I got my password initially I think it only
took a couple of days at most. Nowadays, though, the author--Bernd
Friedewald--has a lot more "customers" and it can take quite some time
for him to catch up on password requests. He has a business to run,
remember, and this free database is just out of the goodness of his
heart--he has to tend to his livelihood first.

What seems to be counter-productive is nagging him with repeated email
requests--as he's a busy man offering something for free he will
frequently get rather ****ed at folks that keep sending him password
requests. I can only advise patience, and once you get it--don't lose
it!

Donald Reeve