Old July 14th 03, 02:03 AM
Brian Denley

That old National Radio factory on the Malden/Melrose is still there. It's
a huge old multi-story red brick building that now house several
manufacturing companies and a furniture supplier. When I was a kid, I used
to daydream about owning one of those top of the line HRO-500 beauties every
time I went to that building with my grandfather (my grandmother worked for
a curtain manufactruing company housed in the same complex. I still live
about 1 mile from the site of the old National Radio Company. It's a shame
those American companies that did so much for radio are all out of business
now.

--
Brian Denley
Melrose MA

"Guessing" wrote in message
Another spin on HRO at URL:
http://webhome.idirect.com/~jproc/ve3fab/hro.html

Quote:
WHAT'S IN A NAME
Edited by Jerry Proc VE3FAB

One of the most classic radio receivers ever made was the National HRO.

The
way in which the model number of the receiver was designated is

interesting,
and the story is related by Ed Gable who is on the Board of the Directors

of
the Antique Wireless Association (AWA) and a former employee of the

National
Company.