Old July 14th 03, 02:21 PM
Mark S. Holden

Mike Polinske wrote:

Has anyone heard of the Borg Johnson Radio?

I got an offer in the mail that was offering it free with a 10 day
trial oT a "nutritional supplement". The mailing says the radio is a
$79 value, but I can't find any information on the radio. If it were
legit, I'd expect to see more information about the radio.

The picture of the radio shows a 12 band FM/TV/MW/SW1-9 radio with a
model number of HS-912R.

If you want more info, email me and I'll send you the technical
specifications as well as a link to see a picture of the radio.

I'd rather be sure the radio is genuine and works as advertised than
get it and be disappointed.

Thanks in advance,

Mike Polinske
Milwaukee, WI

I did a google search, and turned up a mail fraud record from 1958 involving a portable radio sold by Borg Johnson. I don't know if this is the company making the radio in your offer or not, and it's seriously old news, but it's a hoot.

http://www.usps.com/judicial/1958deci/1-10.htm