Old July 14th 03, 06:45 PM

(WShoots1) wrote in message ...
With the batteries out, you might try shorting the + and - terminals together.
That should neutralize any charges in the radio that the batteries might "see."

I first learned of the problem when I changed batteries in a watch. The
instructions gave the wrong places to short out but I figured out what they
wanted to do.

When It happened on my DX-392, I knew what to do as well as when my batteries
quit in my eTR7 while it was operating.

Bill, K5BY

Can you say a little bit more about this? I am not sure how to do the
short. And what would cause this condition? Would cheapo batteries
cause it to occur?

Right now the problem seems to have mysteriously gone away. But, once
in a while, the lock indicator is showing up when i turn on the radio.