Old July 16th 03, 04:10 AM
Telamon

In article ,
"Jamie Corridon" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
..
.
In article ,
"Jamie Corridon" wrote:

Are there any clear reliable shortwave programs after 9pm weeknights? I
live in Orange County,Ca. and listen on a Sangean ATS 505 with a 24 ft

ext
antenna. I used to listen to Art Bell...and now need a alternative to

George
Norry...hoping shortwave is the answer. Any help would be appreciated.

Norry is an OK host but I don't listen to him much. I used to listen Art
quite a bit. Nobody can replace him in my opinion. I miss him.

There is plenty to listen to at night on SW. Tune around. If you want
suggestions for what to listen to 9 PM your time tell us were you are or
give us a time in UTC.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Anaheim California.

5:00 PM our time New Zealand comes on 17675 kHz. The signal is a little
weak around then but usually strong 6:00 PM on. Later in the evening
they switch to other frequencies all come in strong most days and you
should have no trouble picking them up. Check here for the schedule and
frequencies. http://www.rnzi.com/

Radio Australia http://www.abc.net.au/ra/

Early evening weak but usually strong after 7:30 PM and after on 17580
and 15515 kHz. Later when they move off those frequencies to 15240
followed by 9580 should work well. Check the frequency schedule at their
site above. If you listen to them on weekends during the afternoon try
the 21740 kHz. It usually comes in well here. The broadcast starts a
little weak early in the afternoon sometimes but is stronger later in
the afternoon.

BBC at 11835 kHz is very strong here at 7:00 to 8:00 PM.

RHC on 9820 kHz usually booms in here most of the evening.

That should get you started.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California