Old May 29th 04, 06:46 PM
Tyas_MT

wrote in message
I ended up with a 4 bay antenna that is resonant from 150 - 170.
How much work is it to put this on 2 meters?

Rich L
KB7YEB

I'd start with putting it on a (low power) radio and meter and seeing what
SWR you come out with in the portion of the 2m band you intend to use it on.
If it's less than 2:1 most would consider that acceptable. (Personally, I'd
shoot for less, but that's me). Depending on how 'wide band' this thing is,
it might cover 2m nicely.

If you want to actually alter it for 2m, it will involve:
Lengthening the antenna elements (2m is lower, so elements are longer)
Lengthening the phasing elements
Increasing the spacing between antenna elements.