Old July 17th 03, 09:02 PM
Doug McDonald

Drewdawg wrote:

Any ATSC receiver can pick up DX. All you need sometimes is a set of rabbit
ears to pick up DTV stations up to 100 miles away. At least that's what
some guy in New York City got when he received a Philadelphia station.

Yep, very true indeed. Last summer I ROUTINELY watched
WRTV (Ch 25) in Indy from 108 miles away. But ... it's a maximized
power station on a tall tower, and there is the very wide
Wabash valley right where the earth's crest is.

The other Indy stations are much more rarely visible,
and, surprise surprise, I've never seen the one I really
want, Channel 9 (CBS).

Doug McDonald