Old July 20th 03, 03:51 AM
Telamon

In article ,
(mark) wrote:

I just got my computer back and a new power supply was installed. The
system always interfered with my radio, but now it interferes so much,
I can't pick up anything on the MW band.

I can't open my box because it's sealed and I would void my warranty.
I can't take the box back right now because I'm working on deadline.
Is there any other remedy for this? Both radio and computer need to
be in the same room.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are two ways the computer noise gets into your radio EMI and RFI.

EMI or conductive noise comes in through the radios power cord. Use a
power line noise conditioner on the computer. You might want to use a
separate one to plug the radio into.

RFI or radiated noise is picked up by the antenna. Have your antenna
located outdoors and brought in to the radio with coax. Use a low noise
type antenna. If you have a random wire use some type of transformer so
a separate antenna ground can be used.

In addition you might find it necessary to use a choke on the coax so
the computer noise does not make its way from your operating position
down the coax to the antenna.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California