Old July 23rd 03, 03:19 PM
mark

(mark) wrote in message . com...
I just got my computer back and a new power supply was installed. The
system always interfered with my radio, but now it interferes so much,
I can't pick up anything on the MW band.

I can't open my box because it's sealed and I would void my warranty.
I can't take the box back right now because I'm working on deadline.
Is there any other remedy for this? Both radio and computer need to
be in the same room.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I want to thank all who responded. Lots of great ideas here.
Just as an update, I grounded the computer. Since I'm living in an
older home, there are no three prong outlets with ground. The family
biz is a machine shop, so I asked my brother for some help. He
grabbed a piece of copper rod about 1/4" diameter x 3 feet, drilled a
hole, threaded it, got some copper grounding wire, the whole bit. I
attached one end of the wire to the back case where the exhaust fan is
(I believe it's connected to the power supply..connected right on a
metal part) and the other end to the stake now pounded into soil just
outside the window. Turned on the radio, (Pioneer receiver, metal
casing), fired up the computer....noise, noise noise. Ah, well. Time
to take the next step.
As I understand it, it will probably be helpful to have my computer
grounded anyhow. so, I'll just keep the ground connected. With all
the rain, flooding and storms we've been having in NE Ohio, the
ground will be good insurance if I get a nearby lightning strike.

mark