Old July 27th 03, 09:14 PM
Jean Bernard Pinelli

Craig!

Ok & tks for advise.

I spend some hours today in order to remove S6... (main board removal is a
nightmare!) Inside S6 was a kind of green jelly and corrosion on the silver
contacts. After cleaning (ultrasound + polishing) I put into S6 a silicon
paste normally used in high tension transformers (radiology) in order to
avoid corrosion on the bushes. I have also removed and cleaned 2 others
switches (S1 & S2)

After re-assembling the set, a great improvement: readout on digital meter
is now in accordance with position of SW band selector. I have now to
adjust VCO1 & VCO2 (and probably whole set adjustment) as frequency dont
change yet when I turn tuning dial knob....

I keep you informed! Again thank you!

Jean

"jb.pinelli" a écrit dans le message de news:
Hi you all,

I need an advice, as I try to repair my (old) Sony ICF-6800W...(Sony, of
course, refuse to do the job)

a) AM & FM are ok
b) No sound on SW bands... Digital led readout indicate wrong values. Drum

&
preselector are ok.

If someone got the same problem... any advise welcome!

Jean