Old August 2nd 03, 05:26 AM
Telamon

In article ,
(Gerry) wrote:

Hallo, sorry for my terrible English. I program to change (or to
upgrade) my 7030 with 7030+. Are there important differences between
two? I refer to the general quality of listening, to the IP2&IP3, to
the noise. The greatest number of memories or the alfatag characters
doesn't interest me. Has someone tried both side by side? I ask this
because I have read conflicting opinions. Some say that are not
differences and others that 7030+ is very better. Very thanks.

You are mixing apples and oranges a little bit as the ³more memories²
and ³Alfa tag² is the result of the FPU7030 option.

Specifically the plus unit has added or improved:
IP2&IP3
Lower noise synthesizer
Improved antenna input transformer
Improved IF filters
Optical instead of mechanical encoder for the main tuning knob
Includes the FPU7030 option

If you were to do this I would also go for the NB7030 option. The auto
notch works real nice and the noise blanker sometimes helps.

I canıt help you with a before and after as I bought the radio upgraded.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California