Old August 2nd 03, 03:31 PM
Michael

Relayed to listeners that are far from the original radio transmission via a
station that receives the broadcast and then re-transmits it. A relay
station can either re-transmit the actual radio signal or it can transmit a
web cast or a satellite signal.

Examples. Radio Japan or RCI. I can hear it here in NJ like it's next door
because it's relayed from a transmitter in Canada.

Get it ???

--
Respectfully,

Michael

Home Page: http://md_dxing.tripod.com/
Northern NJ
R75 w/DSP, Kiwa agc/sync & audio mods
G5RV & 200ft longwire w/ICE-180
MFJ-1048 preselector
SoundBlstr Live PC card w/five piece Cambridge
speakers & full software mixer/eq.

"Burr" wrote in message
Relayed to what????

Burr

Michael wrote:

Hiya...

Is Radio Australia relayed ??? I'm listening on 9.580 at 12:00 UTC and

it
sounds VERY strong It peaks at S-20 on the R-75's meter. Great

modulation
and minimal fading.

If I had to guess I'd say it was relayed from Sackville.