Old August 2nd 03, 08:26 PM
Philip Smith

I can vouch for the performance of the Torus Tuner SW loop. I have tested
it side by side with the Sony Loop and found that the Torus Tuner has better
selectivity. I hope these antennas are back in production soon. Cheers,
Frikij

"RHF" wrote in message
om...
So Here is the Question - I Want To Know (a la Dr. Gene Scott)

Does Anyone Know what is the 'meaning' of
this statement on the "Torus Tuner" website:
"UNAVAILABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE"
- - - http://www.torustuner.com - - -

Is "Ed Wawzinski" the owner/maker of the Torus Tuner:
[ ] On Vacation (Well Deserved)
[ ] Sick or Ill

Does anyone know what Ed's status is ? ? ?

iwtk ~ RHF
.
.
= = = (Daniel Rosenzweig) wrote in message
= = = . com...
= = = WAS = "Opinions on Sony SW-100E & 7600G(R) Receivers"
- - - SNIP - - -

When using it at home, I use it with a Torus Tuner loop (passive)
antenna (which can be used on the 7600GR, as well) which really helps
dramatically in many situations... Interestingly, I searched around
before purchase... and it seems like the only negative reviews, were
from people who did not own the antenna - and were basing it upon
theory...
I bought it with the amplifier -- but as you can read in the thread
listed below, it's not really needed for portables... so I rarely
connect the amp.

- - - SNIP - - -
The Torus Tuners are hand-made in the US -- so you wont find them in a
store in the UK...
http://www.torustuner.com

- - - SNIP - - -
Take a look at this thread from rec.radio.shortwave, for example (you
can search the newsgroups yourself):

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...readm=0001HW.B
A2D68870007585C120758A0%40news-central.giganews.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fas
_q%3Dtorus%2520tuner%26safe%3Dimages%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26lr%3D%26hl%
3Den

- - - SNIP - - -
FYI- I have no connection to any of the above
products/companies/webpages other than being a consumer...