Old August 2nd 03, 11:24 PM
N8KDV

Default I want to buy a Kenwood R-300 or QR-666, help!

Judah Smith wrote:

I curently am experiementing with different Shortwave/Ham
receivers....(inexpensive, older receivers, do to my budget. I
currently have an old FRG-7, and DX-160...as my shack... I would love
to purchase a Kenwood R-300 or QR-666 (don't make fun, I like playing
with these old guys) If someone has one sitting under a pile of old
radio parts, that they wouldn't mind parting with...I'd luv to hear
from you and we could work out a price. =) If you have one let me
know. *drop me and e-mail or whatever*

Not much info in the 1976 WRTH, but here is the pertinant stuff:

Selectivity: 2.5 and 5 kHz.
CW/SSB 1 uV

Says that the shape factor of the filters is not good. There are images
and birdies.

There is an optional calibrator available, QR-6 MK, 500 kHz.

Steve
Holland, MI

Drake R7, R8 nd R8B