Old August 5th 03, 04:15 AM
Warpcore

Okees . I tried to get some of that from the local tv repair shop & they
were out, so I got some coax.
How 'bout I connect one line to the sheilding on the coax, and one line to
the center conductor of the coax - is that considered balanced, or do i need
something between the receiver and the antenna line to create a balanced
connection ?

I hope you don't mind my asking questions about these fundamentals. If there
is a website to explain in simple terms, taht would save you the effort of
typing s. I DO appreciate the response.

"N8KDV" wrote in message

Warpcore wrote:

Between a balanced line and unbalanced line in a shortwave receiver.

Coaxial cable is unbalanced line. Balanced line is two equal conductors

spaced a
certain distance apart, like 300 ohm tv line.

My antenna connects via alligator clips to the center conductor of a

piece
of coax that connects to the receiver, radio shack dx 394.

The antenna works fairly well, given that I can connect what I want.
However, some times the static from the power lines and flourescent

street
lights is really nasty, and I think I have read that an unbalanced line

can
be rid of most intereference if it s balanced, but not being an amateur
radio operator, I am at a loss to undesrstand the difference between
balanced and unbalanced lines and this place seems to be one where I can

ask
the question s. THANKS.