Old May 31st 04, 09:39 PM
Tam/WB2TT

"Adair Winter" wrote in message

"Tam/WB2TT" wrote in message
RG213 is WW2 technology. You are better of with Times LMR400, Belden

9913,
or CPX1318.

Tam/WB2TT

don't quote me on this but some commercial guys put up a run of LMR400
(don't remember the legenth but was 200-300ft) and even this the antenna
gain it was a negitive db number at the top.. this was at 450mhz.
so i know we are talking about a long run there but i still don't think
LMR400 is great..

Adair

Adair,
You can get slightly different numbers from different sources, but from the
CableXperts chart, the loss in 300 feet at 450 MHz would be 15.6 db for 213,
8.4 db for 9913, and 8.1 db for LMR400. For comparison, garden variety RG8
foam is 14.1 db, and 1/2 inch Heliax 4.5 db. Clearly, none is acceptable
without an antenna mounted amplifier.

Tam/WB2TT