Old August 5th 03, 10:05 PM
tom Holden

"Warpcore" wrote in message rthlink.net...
Between a balanced line and unbalanced line in a shortwave receiver.

My antenna connects via alligator clips to the center conductor of a piece
of coax that connects to the receiver, radio shack dx 394.

The antenna works fairly well, given that I can connect what I want.
However, some times the static from the power lines and flourescent street
lights is really nasty, and I think I have read that an unbalanced line can
be rid of most intereference if it s balanced, but not being an amateur
radio operator, I am at a loss to undesrstand the difference between
balanced and unbalanced lines and this place seems to be one where I can ask
the question s. THANKS.

If you're not yet a member, you're invited to join the 445 member
special interest group for the DX-394 at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RADIOSHACKDX394/.

Tom