Old August 7th 03, 03:29 PM
AC Smith

(Michael Holme) wrote in message . com...
Anybody had the RCI blank out on them. I've had a number of silences
recently, anything from 2 seconds to 15 seconds. I listen in the UK on
5850KHz at 20:00UTC for an hour and a half. Could it be atmospherics ?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

I'm glad you posted this. I am just a few miles from Seattle, WA
(where is there another Seattle?). Anyway, I have noticed that the
RCI broadcast at 0200UT has been absolutely terrible for the last
three weeks. Way down in signal and the noise seems to be worse, bad
combination.

I usually like to listen on Sunday evenings, local, so maybe I'm just
having bad luck?

Adam

acs

------
Pacific Northwest ? USA SWL -- WA7005SWL
Grundig Satellit 800 w/ 100' Random Wire
Grundig S-350 and FR-200
Pulling signals out of the thin air since 1992.
http://homepage.mac.com/chevyorange/